Lend the climate a helping hand. Simple tips to help improve the environment from Ferrovial employees
05 of December of 2015
We believe in little gestures to help improve the environment and thereby work to combat climate change. In recent weeks we have been encouraging the entire Ferrovial team to explain to us the ways that they lend a helping hand to the climate. Here we share some simple tips you can follow both at home and at work.
- Leave your car where it’s parked and travel by bike or scooter.
- If you have a long journey ahead of you, use public transport or an electric car (zero emissions).
- Walk up and down the stairs.
- Buy and consume products of ecological origin.
- Keep your own mug to hand to avoid using disposable cups.
- Use recycled paper. Use both sides of the paper and then recycle it in the appropriate container.
- And if you have to print a document, do so on both sides.
- Always turn the tap off, when you are brushing your teeth, for instance.
- Turn off the lights when you leave the house or the office and turn the lights off in any rooms that you aren’t using.
- Make sure to turn your computer screen or TV off, don’t just leave them on stand-by.
- Recycle batteries, light bulbs and florescent tubes in the allocated places for their disposal.
- A basic one, recycle correctly: organic, glass, paper and plastic.
These are some of the examples of how to lend the climate a helping hand. We invite you to watch this video which has further recommendations courtesy of our colleagues.
There are no comments yet